According to Mircea Eliade religion has 'not vanished without a trace; [it] has contributed toward making us what we are today and so, after..."
generation after generation of mankind, we as humans began to try and understand the religion we believe in and apply it to our lives. we also are influenced in the way we practice our religion. For instance, archaeoligists believe that ancient man worshipped gods in shrines and sacred places that they made or found naturally. Today, we go to a church, temple, shrine, or any other 'holy place' to practice our religion. We also use religion as a sort of standard in creating morales and rules. Things such as no stealing and killing can be found in the Bible and so some countries create laws containing such things. Also from a personal perspective, religion has had a very big impact on me. I am a pastor's child so I grew up going to church. As I grew older I began to pray whenever I felt sad or confused, there would be no answer, but sometimes after I finished praying, I would feel better. The I want to ask myself is, what would've happened to me if I never learned of Christ or even grew up as a pastor's child?
No comments:
Post a Comment